Kretinsky delighted with league title

30 May, 2023
written by Sean Whetstone

Daniel Kretinsky is said to be delighted after Sparta Prague won the Czech league title for the first time in nearly a decade.

A goalless draw was enough for the Spartans to win their 13th domestic league title since 1993. After nine  long years, Sparta Prague football club has won the Czech First League title. A 0:0 draw away at FC Slovácko  last week confirmed their title with arch-rivals Slavia Prague in second place. The Czech league finished on Sunday

Kretinsky was present at the home game to watch Sparta fans storm the FC Slovácko stadium pitch to celebrate the win; a victory parade is expected in Prague.

Since 2004 he been chairman of football club AC Sparta Prague and he is believed to be its 40% shareholder with the remaining 60% held by J&T private equity group.

Earlier this season Sparta’s co owner Kretinksy was accused of visiting the match official’s dressing room at half time during a Sparta Prague match against Brno..

Social media account Czech Football alleged “he behaved like a blatant idiot, pulling off the same trick as a man facing charges of up to 9 years.”
The Twitter account explains his behaviour could be punished according to the amended disciplinary code, whereby whoever enters the refs’ room faces a 3-month ban or a 50k fine (roughly €2,000)
The incident was recorded in the official match record as noted by the referees.
Over the weekend Kretinsky told the Times he has an emotional connection to West Ham adding that the Claret shirts are close in colour to those of Sparta Prague.


You need to be a member and be logged in to comment and get involved with the community. Its free to join here.


Submit a Comment

Follow Us On Social Media

Recent Comments

Related Posts

David Moyes crowned most successful West Ham manager

Outside of Caretaker managers David Moyes has the highest win ratio of any West Ham manager in history at 44.3% David Moyes 44.30% Billy Bonds 43.88% Ted Fenton 41.47% Charlie Paynter 41.41% Alan Pardew 41.10% John Lyall 39.79% Alan Curbishley 39.44% Syd King 39.06%...

Hammers is in no danger of Premier League FFP breach

In the Premier League, the very basic FFP rule that all clubs must follow is to avoid making a loss of more than £105million over a three-year period, once adjusted. In Everton's case, the tribunal found that losses to 2021/22 amounted to £124.5million, almost...

The Lucas Paqueta long game

Reports from Brazil that Manchester City could revive interest in Hammer Lucas Paqueta seem to be wide of the mark. West Ham and the Brazilian Hammer are playing a waiting game and while there has been no updates recently, none are expected this year and the FA...

West Ham is a cult club says former manager

Former West Ham manager Slaven Bilic says the  Hammers are a cult club and speaks about his time in  East London in a wide-reaching  Interview for  Coaches Voice. "I am even more proud of our second season at West Ham because that was so difficult. People say: “First...

Hammer recognised for community work

Last Friday night at the Annual Awards in East London, hosted by Rotary Stratford at the Tereza Joanne Function Rooms, King George V Dock, Iron Supporting Foodbanks were again finalists and received a Highly Commended acknowledgement in the Outstanding Initiative in...

Agent hits out at Moyes ungratefulness

Football agent Barry Silkman has hot out at David Moyes and his management team for what he regards as being ungrateful for his part in landing two of West Ham best players in Lucas Paqueta and Tomas Soucek both of which who scored on Sunday Silkman writing on...

Player Links & Rumours Rated

Ratings will be updated as transfer window develops.





Potential Cost


Conor Gallagher





Conor Gallagher